Course A2 information
The course e-slovak A2
consists of 10 topic-based units introducing day-to-day situations in the lives of the four main characters: Johanna, Zuzana, Róbert and Carlo. The course approximately corresponds to the textbook called Krížom-krážom – slovenčina
. It is one of the series of textbooks Krížom-krážom which have been published by Studia Academica Slovaca – The Centre for Slovak as a Foreign Language at Faculty of Arts Comenius University in Bratislava. It is used by students studying Slovak at many universities abroad, by compatriots and also by students at different language schools
- to be able to communicate in basic Slovak in everyday situations,
- to know basic greetings and phrases, simple vocabulary related to your personal characteristics and basic needs: living, study, job and profession, leisure time, family, travelling (railway station, airport), at the doctor´s, human body, phone call,
correspondence, the weather
- to use the frequent grammatical structures (comparison of adjectives and adverbs, dative case, genitive case, direct vs. indirect speech, future tense, verb aspect, conditional clauses, word order)
- international students of Slovak and Slavic languages,
- the Slovaks living abroad or ex-pats,
- applicants for study programs in Slovakia which are part of development aid of the Slovak Republic,
- participants of the "Studia Academica Slovaca" Summer School
- and all people interested in studying Slovak language and culture.
- basic computer and Internet literacy English
- basic Slovak (A1)
- Pre-Intermediate English (A2)
Activities and tasksYou are free to use all the facilities of our e-slovak online course. Your learning in each lesson consists of several activities and exercises and you can work with them as many times as you need.
Each lesson contains:
- dialogues with new words, phrases and illustrations, reading and listening followed by reading and listening comprehension self evaluation exercises,
- acquisition of vocabulary and grammar with self evaluation exercises,
- short final test
- audio assignment - you should make a short audio recording on the current topic (who are you, where are you from etc.) and we provide a feedback of your presentation
- written assignment - you should write a short essay on the current topic (description of your best friend, your dreamflat etc.) and we give you a feedback
- grammar guide (with grammar tabs)
- simple online Slovak-English dictionary
- Discussion forum
To enter the lesson, click on its title or the button ”ENTER“ or on the title of the concrete lesson.
Certificate of CompletionThere is an option of getting the Certificate of Completion of the e-learning course of Slovak as a foreign language. Students who want to be awarded a certificate of completion have to follow all the instructions and to be on time with the following assignments:
- all 10 short tests at the end of each lesson - the pass rate is 60 percent and you have three attempts to pass the test,
- all 10 audio recordings
- all 10 written assignments (essays),
- a comprehensive test at the end of the course - the pass rate is 60 percent.
In total: 10 small lesson tests, 10 audio assignments, 10 written assignments (essays) and 1 final comprehensive test (available 5th May 2024 - 20th May 2024)
- 25th September 2023 – 15th October 2023: Lesson 1
- 16th October 2023 – 5th November 2023: Lesson 2
- 6th November 2023 – 26th November 2023: Lesson 3
- 27th November 2023 – 17th December 2023: Lesson 4
- 8th January 2024 – 28th January 2024: Lesson 5
- 29th January 2024 – 18th February 2024: Lesson 6
- 19th February 2024 – 3rd March 2024: Lesson 7
- 4th March 2024 – 24th March 2024: Lesson 8
- 25th March 2024 – 14th April 2024: Lesson 9
- 15th April 2024 – 5th May 2024: Lesson 10
- 6th April 2024 – 20th May 2024: REVISION AND FINAL TEST
SoftwareWe use the Learning Management System Moodle in our course.
Technical supportFor any technical problems with your computer related to the e-slovak access, please contact email@example.com.
General terms of serviceEach user is allowed to use only one account.
Please be aware of the risks involved in posting detailed personal information on this or any website. You will not have any control over who can view this information and must take full responsibility for any problems that may arise.
Users are responsible for all the content they upload to the site, and accept liability for any infringement of copyright that may occur. We reserve the right to remove any content deemed inappropriate. You may not post (or link to) any vulgar, offensive, sexually explicit or demeaning content, especially those targeting any particular religious, ethnic, or gender-based group. Scamming, trolling and harassing behaviour is not allowed.
Course feesThere are no course fees associated with the work in the e-slovak course. The course is free of charge.